I thought of this particular technique while studying for the GRE myself. From my very limited knowledge of neuroscience and my more expansive observations of how students learn I know and you probably do to that students need to make association's in order to create usable memories. Therefore when having your students learn new vocabulary identify a short: 4 word or less definition and have them copy the definition and word. Now the most important part, have the students write down a few words that describe what thought their mind first thinks of when they think about the word and its definition. This seemingly would be the students strongest mental association to the idea most similar to the vocabulary word being considered. I know this method works for me and now its your turn, let me know what happens.
Good Luck Inspiring Thinking,
Mr. P Period
No comments:
Post a Comment